Chapter 2
On Monday morning, I threw on my new uniform and gazed at the tall mirror in front of me in my room. The uniform fits perfectly with my figure and the shoes were just so damn comfortable! Then the problem arises, what hairstyle am I supposed to wear? According to the guide, you can wear whatever hairstyle you like, so different than all the public schools I went where you have to tie your hair up into a ponytail. I finally decided to just let my hair down, which in my opinion, looked quite good on me. I was tired of tying my hair all the time anyway; only when I’m working do I tie my hair up for convenience.
Entering the school hall, I walked to the front of the hall, where all the special students sat. There were six seats in the row, and were starkly contrasting compared to the seats the regular students have to sit. The reason-they have armrests and cup-holders. I sat at the end of the row while the rest of the special students sat together at the other end, happily chatting with the jerk-face. I did all I could to squeeze myself into the seat, trying to disappear into the soft cushions. For the whole assembly, I was tugging my hair so that it will cover my face. It was only when assembly was finally over and they all left that I could relax. It wasn’t that I was embarrassed or scared, but just the thought of talking to jerk-face makes me want to puke. Before leaving, I noticed that the chair I was sitting had a cup in the cup holder, so I took a sip since I was thirsty after all that work of disappearing into my chair. The drink was grape soda, my favorite. I walked to the other rows and checked their cups, they were all different drinks. It was then I realized that those random questions in the quiz on the internet were to find out what the student like best, like what drinks they prefer to have or what color do they like their PDA to be. Mine was silvery white, my favorite color. Again I thought how dumb I was to not notice such things as I left the hall to go to my class, wondering why it doesn’t surprise me at all.
The class I was in was actually for students aged 17, but apparently I was able to skip a grade, so I was the only sixteen year old in the whole class. I took a seat at the first row, wanting to maintain my grades even though I was the youngest was not going to be easy, so sitting in the front will definitely help because I wouldn’t be distracted.
Jerk-face entered the class with his arm around a girl, typical playboy style. He and the girl took a seat behind me, both of them didn’t even glance my way, which was somehow a relief. It seems to me that he doesn’t recognize me due to the fact I tied my hair when I made the delivery to him. A lot of my friends say I look like two different persons when I tie my hair and let down my hair, so thank gawd I decided to let my hair down during school hours, or I’ll be totally humiliated for life!
The rest of the day passed without a hitch, until I returned to the dorm. After exiting the elevator, I met one of the special students, the number one in the whole academy- Murakami Haruki. Just by looking at her, you’ll know that she’ll never leave her room without looking fashionable and reasonably pretty. She’s got silky long brown hair, slender arms and legs and a really good figure to match. She was the one who stopped me at my tracks and started a conversation; we became friends in an instant.
“Mi-chan, I love your bracelet! Where did you buy it?” Haruki chirped, her glossy lips curled up into a smile, her white teeth glistened under the dorms' chandelier lights.
“Err…just the ordinary supermarket, I guess…” I said, trying to hide the fact that I’ve completely forgotten where I bought it. Haruki seemed impressed, “Wow, I can’t believe that you can find such a cool bracelet at an ordinary store! You’ve got to bring me there someday!” she happily said. I just nodded my head lightly, thinking that tonight I’m going to have a headache remembering the store. But the next question she asked made my blood froze.
“Do you know who’s living in room A-01? He’s the MVP of the school!”
I faked a laugh, “Really? Who’s that?”
Haruki immediately stopped walking and turned to me, with an astonished look on her face as she said, “You don’t know? I thought he was in your class. He’s the number 1 player in the school- Sakamoto Ryuichi!”
Almost immediately after hearing his name, my body tensed as I clenched my fist hard. I had to pretend I don’t know, “Ha…sounds like a real jerk!”
Haruki shook her head lightly, “It may seem that way, but Ryu-kun is an okay guy. He’s just loves to flirt and and…well, you get the point. He’s a nice guy to hang out with as friends.”
I unclenched and clenched my fist again, “Maybe, but I doubt it.”
Haruki laughed and patted me on the back, “Don’t worry, I’m sure once you’ve met him, you’ll definitely like him.”
This time I couldn’t stand it anymore so I snapped, “I’ll never in a million years even think of liking him, much less than liking him for real!”
Haruki looked shocked, “But I thought you never met him before. Then how do you know you’ll hate him?”
“I…err…I just don’t like guys like him, that’s all.” I mumbled.
“Well, I hope that it will soon change, he’s really quite nice.” Haruki explained how he helped her on her first day of school and other things she thought were actions of kindness.
“Are you sure he wasn’t coming on to you?” I said with sarcastic tone.
Haruki laughed again, “Not to worry. I made sure I told him I wasn’t interested in him. And besides, I already have a boyfriend.”
This time I was the one being shocked, “You have a boyfriend?”
“Oh sure! He’s also one of the special students. His room is just down this hallway, I’m sure he’ll love to meet you,” and with that she pulled me by the arm and we started walking again.
Reaching A-03, Haruki knocked on the door. Then she fished out a key out of her pocket and opened the door. She was about to enter the room when I panicked and stopped her. “Is it okay to enter like this?”
“Don’t worry, he’s my boyfriend. I have the right to do so. He’s used to it anyway,” and she pulled me into the room with her.
The room was pretty much the same as mine, except for the fact that the room had posters and pictures of race cars, football players and game characters pasted all over the walls. The shelf was filled with CDs and books, and the bed had clothes on them.
“Sorry about the mess, you know boys. They just don’t know how to keep a room clean.” Haruki apologized.
I shook my head, “No, it’s not messy. For a boy, he’s quite tidy. You should see my cousin’s room, it smells of leftover pizza!”
Just when we were chatting about cousins and their uncleanness, a boy walked out of the bathroom. He had a towel over his lower part of the body (thank gawd), and a cookie in his mouth. “Yo!” he happily greeted us, as if it was no big deal that he was half naked in front of two girls.
“Mi-chan, this is my boyfriend, his name is Takuya Kimura.” Haruki introduced. “Kimura, this is Teshigawara Nozomi.”
Oh, the new special student! Nice to meet you,” Kimura said. “I’ve read about you!”
“Read?” I asked, confused. I looked at Haruki, she smiled gently as she explained. “The guide in the PDA updates every day, so we pretty much know you were coming for like two weeks or so.”
Damn, I wasted my energy the whole day trying to be invisible. “Wow, I’m surprised there wasn’t a welcoming party.”
“There is, it’s tonight,” then Kimura slapped his mouth. “Dang, did I just say that out loud?”
Haruki looked annoyed as she said “It was supposed to a SURPRISE party, but not anymore…” then she turned to me, “Just try to look surprised tonight. We worked real hard trying to put it together for you.”
“Err…okay,” I agreed half-heartedly. I was never good at acting, so deep down I hoped I can pull it off tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment