Chapter 1
A week before school started, I have already packed my bags and was off to study (and live) in my new school, in a limousine! As soon as I reached the school, I was stunned by the scenery outside the window. It was even more beautiful than the pictures in the website. The trees and grass were lush and green, there were a variety of flowers to enjoy, and the school was absolutely spectacular to look at! White marble walls with stones of different colors as the pavement, surrounding the enormous building were more trees and behind it, a different pathway leading towards the dorms. The driver told me to report myself to the teachers in charge first and lead me to the office. The teachers seem delighted to see me though I doubted it. Not with my blackish brown (but recently high-lighted) hair, simple green T-shirt and jeans, not to mention a pair of glasses! The teacher in charge of the student body handed me my schedule and books, keys to my room, and (I can’t believe it) my own PDA! I was totally stunned and speechless. The teacher must have seen my shocked look because she kindly explained that the PDA was for all the students studying in this school but it will only operate in the school compound. After that she reminded me to go to the school’s tailor shop to get measured for my new school uniform. The tailor shop was located in the shopping district of the school. The school was specifically designed to ensure the students can buy what they needed without going to town. I thanked her and the other teachers and closed the door.
I made my way to my dorm using the pathway behind the school. I was now thankful that the school provides a PDA (which has a GPS system), because I could seriously get lost with my lousy sense of direction. There were four dorms in the school. Dorm B, C and D were for ages sixteen, seventeen and eighteen respectively, while Dorm A was for the special students. The special students were the top 3 students, the most popular student and the MVP (Most Voted Player) of the school. I was living in dorm A because I was the first non-rich scholarship student (I found this out with my ‘Sakura Academy’s Guide to Everything’ button on my PDA).
The room I was assigned to was on the same floor as the other special students’ rooms. As soon as I turned the key, I was again stunned by the sight of my room. There was a king-sized bed on the right, a huge dressing table on the left and a balcony with a view that can take your breath away. I placed my suitcase on the bed and started rearranging my clothes in the humongous wardrobe. After that, I checked out the bathroom that was located at the end of the room. There was a bathtub, which also doubles as a Jacuzzi, a sink and a cupboard filled with imported shampoos and soaps.
Leaving my room, I decided to go to the tailor shop to get my uniform done before school starts. The shopping district was really empty, almost like a deserted town. While the tailor measured me, I asked him why the district was so empty. He stared at me like I’m from another planet and replied “This is a rich school. You expect the students to come to buy their own stuff? We have to deliver it to them!”
At this I was absolutely dumb-founded. Damn, I’m so stupid! Well duh, of course they aren’t going to shop for themselves! I thought. Suddenly I pitied the tailor, he has to make and deliver all those uniforms. Then I thought of a brilliant idea to make a few extra cash, I asked the tailor if he would hire me to deliver all those uniforms, in return he pays me every month. He delightedly accepted my offer and after finishing measuring me, he gave me my first job, to deliver a male’s uniform to Dorm A, room A-01. At this, I knew where to go immediately and grabbed the uniform to start my first delivery. I thanked the tailor before I left the shop.
Reaching the room, I gently knocked on the door but there was no reply. I tried knocking again but got nothing. Then I tried the door knob, it was unlocked so I pushed the door opened. There, in front of my eyes, a boy and a girl were on the bed, with only a blanket covering them. The girl didn’t seem to notice me but the boy stared at me like I was some kind of extinct animal. As quickly as my hand could reach them, I took off my glasses to save my brain from anymore nightmares that might haunt me for the next 30 years of my life. Though now with a half-functioning brain, I heard the guy said “Could you leave now? We can continue this tonight. Okay, my dear?” Then I heard a shuffled sound like someone moving out of bed and then the girl I saw moved passed me and was gone. Even though I wasn’t wearing my glasses, I could make out the blurred image of the guy walking towards me. He placed his right hand beside my head against the wall and said “So, you like to see people doing it huh?”
“Excuse me! But I was only delivering your uniform; I have no interest in what you do with your anatomy!” I snapped at him, pissed that I was the one being called a pervert here.
The guy chuckled and said “Ooo…that hurts so much coming from a girl!” and he placed his left hand on his chest.
I immediately looked away and said “Are you wearing anything at all?” and I shifted uncomfortably, trying to get as far as possible.
He started laughing and whispered softly in my ear, “What do you think?” At this I blushed lightly and pushed him away, then I handed him his uniform, “Wear it so I can get back to work!”
“Hmm….you’re no fun,” and he took the uniform from my hand and entered the bathroom to change. I let out a sigh of relief and put my glasses back on. Right now I was thankful that I’m short-sighted.
The guy walked out a minute later and smiled a cunning smile. The kind of smile where one part of your lips curls up and shows some of your teeth while the other part of your lips are closed. He started to walk towards me and I couldn’t help but thought he looked really good in his uniform, and then I shivered at the thought. I quickly took out the measuring tape from my pocket and started measuring him, all the while trying to avoid his gaze. After that I handed him a form to sign and left in a hurry. Before I reached the elevator he yelled, “Come again tonight if you want to see the whole show!” and laughed loudly as he closed the door.
While I was walking back to the tailor shop, I was freaking furious! Best school in Japan? My ass! And he’s supposed to be a special student as well? Gawd, what has the world become!? I thought while kicking every stone in my path. The tailor told me to come by the following day to collect my uniform and said he’ll call me if he needs me to deliver anything again when I returned the form to him. I faked a smile and said goodbye to him.
Back in my room, I was lying on my bed while staring at the ceiling. I couldn’t sleep after that incident so I reached out and grabbed the PDA that was on the table beside the bed. I randomly fiddled with the buttons till I got the guide again. Bored, I started reading about the school history and such. Then a title in one of the columns got my attention. It was about Dorm A and all the special students living there! Apparently, there were five students living in Dorm A, that’s until I moved in, which makes it six now. There were two girls and three boys. The girls and one of the boys were the top 3 students, one boy was the most popular student and…
I froze as I looked at the picture in my PDA screen, that jerk-face was the MVP of the school! How could the most voted player be him!? I thought. Then I realized something, most voted player can also mean most voted playboy! (Player = playboy when you think about it). Oh my gawd! My head screamed. Man I’m stupid! Well duh, of course he’s the MVP of the school, the incident this afternoon already proved my case! With disgust I closed the guide and placed it back on the table, all the while praying I don’t get nightmares that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment